Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Service in RCCI

Last week we had RCCI where the children from RCCI came to the school. The children in RCCI look forward for this opportunity. Our team made sure that we show perseverance and commitment in all the activities we do. Any lose of patience can cause ethical implications where the RCCI committee can get disappointed with us. So we had to make sure that they enjoy their visit, so we try playing interesting games with them to make it even more enjoyable. We take them to the gym where we play basketball, football and other ball games with them. Majority of the children doesn't know English, but still communication is not a problem. We make signs so that they can understand what they have to do. Some of them are too shy to play, so we talk to them so that they can learn something. We usually have 15 to 20 children who come every week, we have to make sure everyone is taken care of. This experience made me aware of my  new quality to communicate with children in spite of the language barrier. This challenge seemed difficult at start, but slowly I started enjoying this experience.


I enjoy my time with the RCCI children. I'm happy that I can help them in some way. I want to continue RCCI in future too. We are trying to brainstorm new games for them so that they can have more fun.


We also plan to have a food stall at the primary production so that we can raise money for our CAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment