Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Yoga Classes

My Yoga classes in the Indian Cultural Center started two weeks ago. So far we learned the basics yoga exercises (aasana's). I like the yoga classes as it makes me feel fresh and my mood gets better. I feel that this is really important now as in this starting stage of IB Diploma, I get lots of assignments and I have to study a lot. This makes me more stressed and tired. But by doing Yoga on Saturday and Sunday, I can feel the change in myself. This new skill that I was developing seemed to be very useful in my life. 

There  are many benefits  by doing yoga. There is more flexibility in our body, strength in body, less stress,  more concentration and better health. Yoga also benefits our body because of all the breathing aasana's we do in our class. Because of the deep, mindful breathing lung capacity often improves. This new strength that I'm now aware of, helped my undertake challenges

In my yoga class

Right now, I'm doing the beginners level of yoga which would be for four months. I would like to continue these classes in future if the timings work.

No comments:

Post a Comment