Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Singing for the first time! :)


Kuval and I before the performance
Singing has always been something I wanted to do but it was also something that I was not really good at. But, this Diwali (an important festival in India), I wanted to try singing with my friend Kuval. The function was held by the Indian Embassy in the Taj in Colombo. We were given the chance to sing. (I couldn’t get a picture of us singing though, I have a video but it is not much clear to see). We sang a Hindi  song and tried our best to impress the audience. I realized that I had this other strength in me which I was not aware of before. This challenge was something I voluntarily took and now I was able to prove that I could do it.   I was happy and satisfied that I could do something that I thought that I cannot achieve. Also, I had to wear a saree for this performance, this made me involve myself more with my Indian community and our culture.  I wanted to develop this skill but right now I won’t have time to do that. However, I plan to do this in future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment