Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week Without Walls in Hambantota!! :D

WWW :)
Children at the school: Picture credits Camie Raguin
Grade 11 had their trip to Hambantota. This was our final WWW, so we wanted to make sure we have lots of fun during this trip. This time, our trip mainly focused on service unlike the last year WWW where we had camping. We stayed in the Peacock Beach Hotel. We divided our grade into two sections, the Sha group and the She group. I was in the sha group, we worked in the school which was one hour away from the hotel. We already planned our activities. This was planned in the WWW committee meetings before the trip. We were in different groups so that we can all work on what we are good at. We had a group for maintenance, mural , playing with children group and so on. I was in the mural group. This was when I could show my creativity by painting. This activity requires a lot perseverance and collaboration. I worked with Harini, Charity and Toni in one of those walls of the school. I later painted the plain sides of the wall. We even interacted with the children, talked to them, played with them and watched them dance and have fun. It was a really good experience. It is good to see how the school looked  prettier and neat after all the week of hard work we had put in. The children were also really happy with our visit. It was really nice to see their happiness when they saw the newly painted school. At the last day of our service, we performed for the children. We also learned a Sinhalese poem which they knew so that they can enjoy it. They also performed for us. I felt happy that I could help these people in some way. We saw the Hambantota port and we went on a safari to Yala National Park. It was great fun. The port was really good and the safari was also fun. We saw lots of birds and animals. We were divided in to our science groups. I went in with my Physics group. The trip went really well. This is probably my last school trip, so I made sure I enjoy a lot and have fun!! I will miss WWW trips !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment