Saturday, November 13, 2010

My First Class In Learning To Make A Kurta

After learning the basics of stiching, my teacher decided to start my first class by learning to make a salwar. It will take three weeks to finish making the salwar as my classes are for once a week. So it will take a long time to finish it and hence required a lot of perseverance. So,  decided to learn more about before the class starts so that  I can have a better idea when learning to make it. This was very challenging and hard to make. So, I decided to write about the dress on my blog so that the readers can know what I want to make.

Salwar is a loosely fit pajama like pant. The legs are often wide at the top, and narrow at the ankle, although there are several styles of shalwar pants in modern times, some trendy and jean-like. In the old days the kurta looked different from now. More cloth were used in making them so the pants looked heavy. Right now I'm going my goal is the make a salwar that is the most commonly used type in India.



This was the kind of kurta girls wore in the old days.


This is the kind of kurta I'm going to learn to make


No comments:

Post a Comment